Monday 11 April 2016

How You can Benefit from Organic SEO Practices


A frequently-overlooked but vitally important element of your business's web presence is its Google My Business ranking. Whenever someone searches for a type of business, a business in their region, or even your business's name, Google My Business will often display its own results first, including Google reviews, contact information, and a link to your website.

However, for many companies, it has been difficult to improve their prominence on Google My Business for a long time. This is because Google's own documentation on the local ranking process was slim, until now. Google's own help page now lists the three major criterions it uses to evaluate a business's search engine ranking: relevance, distance, and prominence.

Relevance is rather simple: it's how relevant your business is to the searcher's specific needs based on their query. The more information on your Google My Business page, the more likely you are to do well in relevance. Distance is even simpler, and not something you can affect.

But the most relevant is prominence, or how well-known a business is. This is the most nebulous criteria, but two things are for certain: Google reviews and your existing SEO ranking affect it greatly. This means that standard SEO tactics will improve your Google My Business ranking, and reviews on Google will improve your overall ranking as well.

1 comment:

  1. hai,
    It’s really helpful article. No doubt I am happy with how secure my static site is but I have to confess I miss some of the WP plug ins that I used to use. Excited saw an Instagram post on Ink for all, you can export Markdown docs. It also helps with optimizing content for search engines: https://seo.app/XzTXZsUH9

    ReplyDelete